Friday, March 7, 2008

Piecing Together an Alternate Identity

Another woman has an email address that is extremely similar to mine. Almost once a day I receive a mis-directed piece of correspondence to my alternative email ego. Some examples:

  • Welcome to Kula Yoga Studio!
  • A personal essay describing the writer's experience in a Southwest plane crash
  • Receipts for merchandise (I think it's jewelry)
  • Info on a new line of clothing and an offer to meet up at a trade show to go over the line
  • An update on our English project due soon and directions to a coffee shop to meet up
  • Can you believe Jenn is dating Tim??
  • Life coaching service (this person still tried to sell me even when I told her she had the wrong email address)
  • A note of encouragement from Dad
Looking at my bits of information, I'm left with a few scenarios:

#1: Alternative email doppelganger owns her own clothing store and likes Yoga. She's also still in school, and may be going through a hard time.

#2: It's two separate women. One still in college/High School and the other a successful business owner. One of them likes Yoga.

#3: Why not 3 different people? A writer, a student and a fashion buyer. One (or all of them) may be going through a hard time/life transition.


In any case, I wonder if the other owner of a similar email address ever gets anything that should have been directed to me. How do I appear in her life? Does she think I'm a snobby Berkeley grad who works in Silicon valley and signed up for Oprah's Book Club recently (ay!). Perhaps she's received my travel itineraries or receipts from my Target.com orders.....

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I think you two should meet up. Be sure to bring a camera.