Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ginger Tisane

I've been experimenting in the kitchen with my free time. I love to cook and never really had the time/energy while working. I created this ginger tisane yesterday and have been loving it. Here's a general recipe:

4-5 medium sized (~ 1/8") slices of fresh ginger
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 TBSP lavender honey
a few lemon verbena leaves (optional)

Boil 6 cups water or so in a tea kettle. In a teapot, add above ingredients. Pour boiling water into teapot and let steep about 15 mins. To serve: pour into a tea cup using a strainer to catch ginger, leaves and pepper. Or, serve cold over ice in a cup (strain before as well).

It's spicy, fragrant and complex. I've been enjoying it. Again, let me know what you think!

PS- never thought I'd be at a point in my life where I have random things like lemon verbena growing, but there you have it.

2 comments:

rloganbill said...

It would be interesting to read a blog of reviews of each of your recipes?

Dana K said...

I'm Ron Burgundy?