Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Maiden Voyage

So, I've embarked on a three month sabbatical from work, with a strong possibility that I won't be returning to my former job. It's an odd place to be and I'm on day two. My last day at work was Feb 15 and I headed out to NY with my husband on a red-eye that night. On our way back to San Francisco, we stopped in LA for my mother-in-law's surpise birthday party (which was wonderful, btw). And now, I'm home and have a wide vast expanse of free time on my hands.

Here are my key accomplishments so far:

  • Caught up on my horrible reality TV addiction by watching all the shows I tivo'd while away
  • Had lunch with a friend
  • Reviewed my online spending report for the last 6 months
  • Created a new budget
  • Finished up some stuff from work
  • Researched all of the free musuem days in SF
  • Went grocery shopping
  • Researched a new gym to join
  • Read my Fortune Small Business mag I'd had sitting around for 3 weeks
I'm starting this blog to chronicle my free time off, because, well, why not? I've got the time...

8 comments:

rloganbill said...

What are your thoughts of being a house wife?

morguama said...

You should be on 'Housewives - San Fran.'

Ideas for things to do:
-read good books
-feed cat butter cubes
-exercise/stretch
-make dinner for husband's band members
-go to 1 movie per week
-visit friends you have not seen in a while
-etc

Thomas Loganbill said...

What fun!!! To have free time while living in San Francisco. Sounds a little like 'Darma and Gregg', the TV show. I am definetly the straight laced father-in-law.

Hey enjoy every minute of it.


BTW: I think Scott likes his shirts lightly starched and well pressed.

Anonymous said...

um, i think you should take up a hobby...like knitting! or skeet shooting :)

Deborah said...

You know what else free time is good for? Travel! You know where is good place to travel to? Dublin! I'm just saying. And if you come to Dublin, we can measure the success of your time off so we may understand the revenue impact. Because Kevin is a dork.

RagingCapitalist said...

Which Fortune magazine is that one? The one with that good-looking long-haired mexican on the cover?

Dana K said...

Ha! you people and your love of housewives... Morgan, it's on- I'll make dinner for you guys. Do you like Kraft mac and cheese? Deb, I will do my best to get to Dublin... Kev, I think you better go get ready for your next meeting ;)

Rob said...

Who are you? How are you? First, I would like to just get to know you!