Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh the joys of organization....

So, today I decided to re-organize my filing cabinet, and sort through the pile of "Important Things that Had Come in the Mail and Needed to be Filed (ITHCMNF)". I went through all of my old files, updated them, took the random papers out of their envelopes, and then shredded all of the superfluous things. I attacked that pile of ITHCMNF and noticed a safety recall notice for our new Honda Hybrid. Oops....luckily not a huge issue. I took all of the extra papers down to the garbage and put away my new file folder. Dang, I forgot how good it feels to be organized. In the last weeks, I've also gone through all of my clothes and filled three huge garbage bags with items to donate. My next task is to actually take them into GoodWill. I'll do that on Friday. After that, I'm going to go through all of my old CDs that I've kept since I was 14. Here's a random sampling of some of the titles in my old school collection:

Eurythmics Greatest Hits
Def Jams Rush Hour Soundtrack (What was I thinking??)
Superfly
The Music of Ireland (A gift from a guy I dated in college who worked at a record label)
Harry Connick Jr (UGH!)
Tool Undertow


Clearly, there is clearing out to be done. I'll convert what remains to Mp3 and get rid of all of these old discs lying around. I look back at the days when we proudly showcased our CDs in large towers or shelves. I still have one in our second bedroom. Nowadays, it's much more common to see zero CDs, since everything's on Mp3 now. I think one day our kids will see pictures of the 1990s or early 2000s and wonder what all of these oddly colored, plastic-coated thin boxes are....

No comments: