Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dangerous Package?



On a recent trip to Sedona, S and I acquired a slightly used Cuisinart. To get it home to CA, we packaged it in an old Sam Adams Winter Classics beer box and checked it in on our flight. When we arrived to San Jose, we noticed that the package had been "inspected" by the Transportation Security Administration. We started cracking up, thinking about how this went down.

Baggage Handler #1: "Hey, this box of beer looks slightly suspicious, don't you think?"
Baggage Handler #2: "Yes, indeed it does. I think we'd better inspect it to ensure it's not anything harmful"
BH #1: "It could be beer"
BH #2: "Well, I think we owe it to the American citizens to find out. Plus, I like the Cranberry Lambic Ale."
BH #1: "You do?! I hate that stuff. It's too sweet. It's like Sam had some extra cranberries lying around and thought 'These are about to go bad. I'm going to add them to this Lambic and see what happens.'
BH #2: (Opening box) "Dang! It's just an old Cuisinart. From like the 70's!"
BH #1: "Oh well- we tried. Want to grab a beer after work?"
BH #2: "Sure. Hey, you'd better put that official looking 'Inspected by the TSA tape all over the box so it looks official."
BH #1: "Done and done."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is obviously a dangerous combination of alcohol and sharp objects--remember, blades and alcohol don't mix! One time I tried to ship some equipment in a used tequila box at the post office, and they made me take it home and repack it--what is this, prohibition or something?

Dana K said...

ha! that's really funny. I can't believe they made you put it in a different box :)