Friday, December 14, 2007

PET CHOW (rat poison)

Our house has been invaded by the dreaded Man Cold. For details on the Man Cold, check out S's blog: http://www.appliedluck.com/.

To help alleviate said Man Cold, I went to Safeway the other day to purchase Theraflu and Halls. Last night, while making a nice warm mug of Theraflu to help my husband go to sleep, I noticed something was amiss. I'll get back to this in a second, but first would like to discuss the Petchow Rat Poising commercial parody Will Ferrel did on SNL a few years ago.

Do you remember this? Will was Hank Petchow, advertising the Petchow brand of rat poison. Scenes showed him in a fuzzy, earthy sweater talking about how to use Petchow rat poison while feeding his dogs. The whole transcript is here: http://snltranscripts.jt.org/95/95mpetchow.phtml ( I could only find crappy versions of the footage itself.)

In any case, this is the box of Theraflu I purchased:



Looks like Theraflu, right? It says Theraflu on it and was sold in the pharmacy aisle. But, no- I was fooled! It's some useless blend of herbs that you add to hot water. In dire situations such as the dreaded Man Cold, only strong drugs will help. In this case, since I'd purchased the Petchow brand of Theraflu (herbs), I had to resort to adding large amounts of brandy to S's drink to relax him and aid the sleeping process. What a bummer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed!:)