Monday, December 10, 2007

Season of White!

I'm currently getting in to full Christmas spirit. We have our teensy Christmas tree all set up and decorated in our apartment, things are being made, baked etc etc. While browsing online for Christmas cards, I came across a cute card at Target (yes, I like to shop at Target, what?). The front of the card looked like this:

I was thinking, hmm..... cute card, cost-effective, non-denominational. All set. However, I luckily looked at the details of the card and noticed the below information:


Features

• Christmas Card Set
• Features Horizontal-Fold Design
• 10 Cards , 10 Envelopes
• Inside Text Reads " Season of White! "


Uhhhh.. "Season of White!" How can I possibly send this card out to our friends. I can just imagine our friends opening up a cheery, Holiday card only to find the White Power reference inside. Then the confusion would set in. Friends would begin to wonder why in the hell we'd sent this card out. Are we secretly affiliated with some sort of White Power sect?

Oy vey! I'm glad I didn't end up buying these...I'm cracking up that Target would even put these on their site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My god, this is so coincidental. Tara and I are planning a trip to Texas, and I asked my brother, who lives there, whether Six Flags Over Texas theme park still flies the Confederate flag. He and I both agree they should, as it's one of the six flags. But still, so strange.

Also, growing up, the high school I would one day attend had rebels as its mascot, and the confederate flag as its logo. No kidding.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Jeff is headed to Target.

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the postcard we saw in China that said, "I love you whitey" with a picture of a little kitten...